Functional Skills Maths Level 2
55 guided learning hours
Who is it for?
People looking to work towards higher Maths qualifications including GCSEs
• People doing a supported internship
• People doing a vocational learning course
What does this qualification cover?
To achieve the qualification you will be required to commit to approximately 55 hours of guided learning
You will learn to deal with Mathematics problems that will help you develop and apply your mathematical skills, through appropriate reasoning and decision making, to solve realistic problems of increasing complexity.
Examples of the types of skills you will develop include:
• use numbers of any size;
• read, write and make use of positive and negative integers of any size;
• handle relationships between measurements of various kinds;
• use angles and coordinates when involving position and direction;
• construct, interpret and evaluate a range of statistical diagrams;
• calculate and interpret probabilities;
What are the Entry Requirements?
There are no age restrictions for working towards this qualification and no specific prior achievements required. However, it may be useful to have completed a Maths qualification at Level 1. Your college and/or training provider may have specific entry requirements and you should speak to them to find out more information.
What are the Assessment Methods?
There will be tests at the end of your course. This will be marked by your teacher or tutor. If you do not pass the test, you can try again.