top of page
Health & Safety
Health & Safety in a Construction Environment Level 1
This Health and Safety Course is aimed at those aged 16 years and over, who are hoping to enter the construction and civil engineering industry or have recently entered the industry. It is a one day course, which after successful completion will provide delegates with the knowledge and certification required for the CSCS Labourer (Green) card as well as an understanding of the potential hazards they could face on site within the construction and civil engineering industry. There are no formal requirements for entry to this qualification.
Alternatively learners may be re-taking the Health and Safety Course due to their current CSCS card expiring.
Learners undertaking this qualification will be able to demonstrate their knowledge of the employee’s and employer’s health and safety responsibilities and site safety awareness in the construction industry. The qualification aims to assess the Learner’s knowledge and understanding of:
• risk assessments and method statements
• causes and implications of work-related accidents
• the terminology used in relation to health and safety at work
• the types of hazard/risk encountered in the workplace
• accident reporting procedures
• safe manual handling
• correct processes for moving and storing materials
• working at height
• hazardous substances in the workplace
• the hazards associated with drugs and alcohol in the workplace
• the use and importance of personal protective equipment (PPE)
• the hazards/risks related to the use of plant and equipment
• control measures to minimise hazards / risks relating to working around the construction site
This one day, face to face course takes place in our centrally located classroom in Maidstone High Street. Directions can be downloaded from our Contact Us page, where a map can also be viewed.
We have very small low ability class sizes of no more than 5 or 6 people, to ensure each learner receives the educational support that they need. On arrival you will get a warm welcome, a tea or coffee and be introduced to your tutor. The course will start promptly at 10.30 am. You will be given a tea breaks and a lunch break before sitting your assessment at the end.
Assessment is carried out via multiple choice questions at the end of the course. Successful candidates will receive the Health & Safety in a Construction Environment Certificate (which is renewable every 5 years) within approximately 10 working days from taking the course.
The cost of the classroom course is £125 plus VAT (£150)
bottom of page