top of page
Functional Skills Maths Entry 3
55 guided learning hours
Who is it for?
People wanting to develop basic Maths skills
People looking to work towards higher Maths qualifications including GCSEs
People doing a supported internship
People doing a vocational learning course
What does this qualification cover?
To achieve the qualification you will be required to commit to approximately 55 hours of guided learning
You will learn Maths skills and use them to deal with Maths problems. You will learn to use Maths skills with and without a calculator. Examples of the types of skills you will develop include:
• Count reliably up to 100 items
• Read, write, order and compare numbers up to 200
• Recognise and sequence odd and even numbers up to 100
• Use metric measures of length including millimetres, centimetres, metres and kilometres
• Use measures of weight including grams and kilograms
• Recognise and name 2-D and 3-D shapes including pentagons, hexagons, cylinders, cuboids, pyramids and spheres
• Extract information from lists, tables, diagrams and bar charts • Make numerical comparisons from bar charts
What are the Entry Requirements?
This qualification is suitable for people of any age You do not need to have:
• Any previous experience
• Any previous qualifications.
What are the Assessment Methods?
There will be tests at the end of your course.
This will be marked by your teacher or tutor.
If you do not pass the test, you can try again.
bottom of page